This page has 2 aims:
- To describe what steps we are making to make Bed and Basket® as safe as is reasonably possible, and
- To show how practical and easy it is to social distance at Bed and Basket® whilst enjoying our fabulous surroundings.
• We are located in a very secluded part of the Cornish countryside, at least ¼ mile away from our nearest neighbours
We have a large car parking area with plenty of space
• The entrances to the barns are at least 2 metres away from each other
• The two exercise fields are separated from the barns and walkways with stock fencing.
We are doing as much as we reasonably can to make each barn clean and safe.
The barns were all constructed to be exceptionally dog-friendly and easy to clean; without rugs, but with hard floors and surfaces, leather and wood chairs – all easily disinfected.
Our normal 5 star deep clean already includes:
• A thorough clean of the barns including, floors, windows and work surfaces
• A complete change of all linen
We have extended this deep clean to include:
• The cleaning team wearing appropriate PPE
• Disinfecting all handles and work surfaces
• All crockery and drinking vessels cleaned
• Soft furnishings like cushions and throws changed each changeover and put in isolation storage for a week
• For pillows and quilts – each guest has choice of; either they want to bring their own or use ours
• Mattress protectors changed between guests
• We have also removed other potential surfaces that are difficult to clean like books and games, but they are available on request from storage.
We are required to ensure bookings consist of no more than two households. Due to occupancy levels, this only applies to Kensa barn as it sleeps 2-6 people. The lead booker will be required to confirm their booking is compliant with current guidelines.
• Our welcome packs has been changed to include packaged items that can be cleaned
• Sanitiser will be provided at common area touch point (like gate buttons)
• We will provide extra cleaning equipment for your use, but we recommend you bring your own supply of items like hand sanitiser.
Our cleaning and safety methods are based on recommendations and standards from relevant authorities including the Professional Association of Self-Caterers UK, Visit England, Cornwall Council and the Government. The guidelines from the authorities are changing regularly, so there may well be changes to the information above by the time you visit.
We have put together some videos showing the exercise fields and entrance to our site, withthe open, spacious areas.
If you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us , and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Brian and Dawn